The Conference of Minority Public Administrators (COMPA) was established in 1971. It is a section of the American Society for Public Administration. Our mission is to serve and assist public administrators, students and other professionals involved in public service. COMPA is dedicated to achieving and supporting the following goals for its members:
* Strengthening and increasing the role minorities play in setting public policy.
* Influencing public managers and executives to insure that the interests and goals of minority employees are served.
* Educating our membership about emerging issues in public sector management by sponsoring conferences and issuing periodicals.
* Nurturing the career aspirations of our membership by identifying employment opportunities
* Recognizing outstanding service by public administrators.